Saturday, June 2, 2007

So what IS a Millenial?

You may've heard the term before, in the news or on the web, or, you may've even read my first post on this blog. Wherever your first encountered the term, it probably confused you as much as it confused me. I never thought of myself as part of a generation before, I'd always considered myself well, me.

As it turns out, it's not just me, and I am part of this Millenial thing. But what IS a Millenial?

Anti-Boomers, Generation Y, Millenials, they're all the same group. According to Neil Howe and William Strauss (Millenials rising: The next great generation), to be one, you should've been born somewhere between 1982 and 2000, approximately. Our parents tend to be Baby Boomers (Those born between 1946 and 1964) and because of this, we're one of the largest generations ever.

But what makes us different from our older siblings in generation X, and our parents, The Baby-Boomers?

What makes us special....?

Think about it for a while. Mabey you'll discover something.

-Bedeo